Wednesday 23 October 2013

More Drafting!!

Orthographic Projections

Sections

The next assignment given for us was to draw a section for the given floor plan. Section was also to be drawn in 1:50 scale. We needed to draw 2 sections from any where we wanted. From my previous drawings you can see the where I made the section cuts. one horizontal and one vertical.
before drawing the section I had no idea what a mezzanine floor was. I just thought it was a fancy name given to second floor. and here is my first attempt of drawing the section.


I did not realise I was doing wrong until miss Norji explained it to me. So I took another tracing paper place it on this and traced the ground floor, the parts I have done right and added the mezzanine floor. Below very faded you see the guidelines I drew for my second section and later traced back to a tracing paper and inked it.

This was my drawing of two sections Section A-A and Section B-B. I 
received 6/10 for this. the things I have done wrong in this was forgetting to put minor technical details in the drawing. Like the circles in the labelling of grid lines and also the dimensions on top. I have also missed to draw some details on the floor. 

Elevation.


After section came the drawing of the elevation. we were told to draw an interior elevation of the floor plan. this drawing was done on cartridge paper and pencil.
I got 6/10 for this work. I missed to draw some details and the dimensions of the drawings are not of the standard font size. I was also told to tidy up my drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment