Thursday 31 October 2013

New Medium

orthographic projection


Presentation drawing


A presentation drawing had to be done for the orthographic projections of the Artist studio. We were suppose to include the floor plan and an Interior Elevation of the studio. The Drawings were traced into marker paper from our previous drawings and inked by free hand. We were taught a new method of drawing, I don't know the exact name of the method but I call it the "shaky hand method" :p by using this method it is very easy to control the lines and draw them straight.
after drawing we had to render the drawing with marker. I have never used marker and this was my first attempt.
Presentation drawing
Although marker pad is used for rendering with marker so that the markers don't bleed, it bled a lot for me. I had to redo it again and learned to control the marker. Although in this also there are few places that the marker has bled out of the lines. I received 7/10 for this work and the comments I received were: "Good techniques of sketches", "label the area in the plan" and "Improve the colour scheme"

No comments:

Post a Comment